This Fund invests in the Italian venture capital market.
To achieve its objective, the Fund will invest in:
- target funds whose investment policies are focused on venture capital transactions carried out through the financing of seed projects;
- target funds specialized in technology transfer (first stages of birth and development of the entrepreneurial idea), both on an early and late stage and with a high growth potential, requiring capital to develop innovative projects intended to represent a substantial part of the company's activity and of the expected growth);
- target funds operating in the low-mid cap sector (expansion and growth capital).
Subject to the provisions above, the target funds:
- must commit themselves to allocate to companies with registered or head offices in Italy a part of the invested resources in proportion to the commitment subscribed by the Fund;
- must be managed by experienced professionals in sectors related to the investment object of the target funds (corporate finance, private equity and related sectors), capable of evaluating and monitoring investments/divestments;
- must have permanent establishment in Italy;
- cannot be focused on turnaround investments.
Moreover, the target funds must primarily invest in companies with high growth potentials, belonging primarily, but not exclusively, to the following economic sectors: Agricultural and food; Biotechnology and pharmaceutical; Chemistry; Domotics; IT media and the Internet; Green technologies (waste treatment/clean energy); Mechatronics; Precision mechanics; Medical technology; Nanotechnology; Energy saving (biomasses, biogases); Bio-fuels/hydrogen technology; Intelligent mobility technology; Water treatment technology; Culture technology; Telecommunications.
The Fund can also invest in first time team/first time fund (provided these have proven experience), being also able to act as anchor/sponsor investor.
The Fund investment in each target fund is comprised between 5 and 20 million Euro.
An internal Technical Committee and a Strategy Committee will assist the Fund in the performance of its activities, in accordance with the provisions set out in the Regulation