Supporting the innovation and the competitiveness of the italian industrial system.
Formed on the initiative of the Italian Ministry of Treasury and Finance, Fondo Italiano d’Investimento SGR is 68% owned by Cassa Depositi e Prestiti and for the remaining portion by some of the major italian banks and institutions.
The distinctive feature of the initiative was to combine, from the beginning, objective of economic return and development of the production system, through the use of market instruments.
Today, Fondo Italiano d’Investimento SGR manages seven closed-end funds, reserved for qualified investors, for a total target asset under management equal to about €2,3 billions:
- Innovazione e Sviluppo, dedicated to equity investments in Italian SMEs, with the goal of consolidating industry sectors and strengthening their value chains;
- FII Tech Growth (FII TG), dedicated to equity investments in Italian technological SMEs and late stage startups, with the goal of supporting their growth, innovation and internationalization;
- Fondo Italiano di Investimento Fund of Funds (FII – FoF) and FoF PE Italia, dedicated to investments in Italian private equity funds that share the investment policy and objectives of the Fund;
- Fund of Funds Private Debt (FoF PD), dedicated to investments in Italian private debt funds;
- Fondo Italiano di Investimento FII Venture (FII Venture), Fondo di Fondi di Venture Capital (FoF VC) dedicated to investments in Italian venture capital funds that share the investment policy and the objectives of the Funds.