Carlo Mammola was appointed as Chief Executive Officer by the Company’s Board of Directors on July 21st, 2016 for the following three-year period.
The Chief Executive Officer manages the Company in accordance with the powers assigned by the Board of Directors and implements the directives issued and the resolutions adopted by the Board of Directors. He is at the head the company structure.
Carlo Mammola has been Founder and Managing Partner of Argan Capital, a leading independent private equity fund based in London, created as spin-off of Bank of America Capital Partners Europe, focused on acquiring European mid-market companies. Argan Capital completed investments in 5 European countries: Italy, France, Sweden, Finland and Poland.
He was Founder, Sponsor and CEO of Italy1 Investment S.A., first "S.P.A.C.", Special Purpose Acquisition Company, listed on the Italian Stock Exchange (Borsa Italiana S.p.A.).
He has been Professor of "Innovation and Technology Management" at Bocconi University in Milan since 1995 and member of the Bocconi faculty since 1988.
Previously he was:
- Managing Director and Partner at Bank of America Capital Partners Europe, a private equity fund based in London (2000-2006);
- Managing Director and Partner at PAI (Paribas Affaires Industrielles), a private equity fund based in Paris (1997-2000);
- Member of the Executive Commetee of Paribas Italia, the Italian branch of the Paribas Group (1997-2000);
- Managing Director at Sopaf S.p.A., an Italian merchant bank listed on the Italian Stock Exchange (1990-1997).
- He held different management positions within the Olivetti Group (1984-1990).
He was member of the Board of Directors of the European Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (EVCA); Deputy-Chairman of the European Mid-Market Platform Council and member of the Board of Directors of AIFI (Associazione Italiana del Private Equity e Venture Capital).
Carlo Mammola graduated with honors in engineering from the Polytechnic of Turin (1982) and achieved an MBA with honors at SDA Bocconi Management School (1984). He got the post-graduate specialization in Decision Analysis at Intelligent Decision Systems, one of Stanford Business School's education and research centers in Palo Alto, California (1986).